It has been really long time since I wrote anything here. I have a couple of really poor excuses and a very good truth for that. Well I simply didn’t find any time to blog and I had a lot of pressure of my studies. OK those were the excuses if you are wondering. Truth is that I really didn’t have much to say. I was busy trying to find an internship. I’ll tell you what happened once I plan my summer out because its still in the hangman’s noose for all I know.
In this post I’ll tell you my search for a project and an important addition to my not so impressive CV. I mean I have been very interested to work on a project but the low opportunities mean that I have really not found out a way I could find a proper research work. After I found out that US universities lay a lot of stress on previous research activities I got really serious and decided to have chat about it with my department HOD. I wasn’t expecting it to be as easy as I found it to be. My HOD was extremely helpful and offered to guide me if I could find a suitable project topic. Here’s what happened……………….
1) I fired up my laptop and started to think about what I wanted to do. I have always been in love with physics and anything to do with physics (even though I have always hated the way they teach physics in India, no offence meant). I wanted to break away from my core subject of electronics and wanted to work on a physics topic. I soon realised that it wasn’t going to be easy so I finally decided to go for an applied physics topic with basis in electronics.
2) I chose the following general topics
c) Semiconductor Device Physics
For good measure I also threw in a couple of sensor networks topics as well due to my other love of computer networks.
3) I then started to look for research papers in the last couple of years. And finally settled for some papers from all the topics. I now had a nice job of selecting something that I would like to work with.
4) After consultation with my guide I settled on two papers 1) one from opto-electronics concerning simulations of solar cells and 2) one of wireless sensor networks
5) I started to work on these projects by collecting the many papers listed in reference to these works. It wasn’t easy and I missed out on many of them. I did the best I could.
6) I am still working on these topics and hoping for some positive results soon…………….wish me luck
Hope this account of my search will help you in finding projects for yourself…………………I will give you one advice……………..don’t be afraid to talk to your teachers, and don’t listen to your friend’s taunts.